If you’re struggling with an increased BMI (body mass index), elevated waist circumference, increased skinfold thickness, or if you’re overweight or obese, then read on. There’s one simple daily habit to incorporate into your life to help prevent weight gain. Dozens of studies have shown how effective this one habit is.
Daily Habit To Help with Obesity
Don’t overlook a healthy diet and regular exercise
Now, that’s not to overlook how important daily movement and therapeutic exercise is to the prevention of weight gain. Simply walking for 20 minutes a day, three to five times a week is highly recommended. If you’re able to incorporate more vigorous exercise in your routine, that’s even better.
You can’t overlook how important a healthy diet is either. Try replacing the bad fats in your diet with healthy fats like omega-3s, -7s, -9s, and eating more fruits and vegetables. In order to get enough micronutrients and macronutrients, it’s recommended that you eat nine servings of fresh produce in five colors every day.
One simple tip to prevent weight gain
However, there’s one simple tip that dozens of studies have shown will help prevent weight gain: don’t skip breakfast! Let’s take a look at six of the most impressive studies.
- The first study was done with 272 individuals over the age of 60, comparing those who ate breakfast to those who skipped breakfast. The individuals who skipped breakfast were 44% more likely to have obesity affect their lives.
It’s already clear how important eating a good breakfast is. The gold standard is to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
- The second study showed that obesity was 1.5 times higher in individuals who did not consistently eat breakfast.
- A third study showed that individuals who skipped breakfast had lower energy levels, but individuals who did eat breakfast could engage in more physical activity throughout the day.
- In a study done with adolescents, skipping breakfast was associated with a worse lipid profile. These individuals had worse cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, insulin resistance, and metabolic syndrome.
Clearly eating breakfast is important for weight management in both the young and old!
- The fifth study showed that breakfast significantly contributed to the daily micronutrient intake by providing an average of 24% more dietary fiber, 32% more iron, 30% more calcium, 32% more folic acid, and 37% more of a B vitamin called riboflavin.
- The last study showed that habitual breakfast skippers are at an increased risk for the development of cardiovascular disease, coronary artery disease, and high blood pressure. This study was conducted in India, and the consistent breakfast skippers were more overweight and more obese.
Dozens more studies that show the importance of eating breakfast daily. It’s a simple habit you can incorporate in your life, starting now! Remember, simple changes can affect the trajectory of your entire life moving forward. Incorporating breakfast in your daily routine is important for maintaining a healthy weight, and will reduce risk factors like cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and more.
At Zenith Labs, we have developed a supplement call Trim-14. When you pair this supplement with good habits like eating breakfast daily and getting in healthy movement, it can help you achieve or maintain a healthy weight.
If you liked this video/article, do share it with your friends and loved ones. Subscribe to the Youtube channel for weekly tips on new tools and techniques to improve your health and well-being.
I believe in the original meaning of the word doctor, ‘docere’, which means teacher. I’m here to help educate you on how to take care of yourself in ways that you may not have heard of before, but that are effective. I always want to hear your ideas and feedback so be sure to leave me comments below!